Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Break From Politics: A Look into The DGB Archives...and A Poem By My Dad...'The Big Bang'

'The Big Bang'

This is the anniversary
Of my world,
The big bang
When everything began.

The stars looked new
And wonderful,
My universe spun around you.

What began so simply,
Grew,
And so did I,
Like life itself.

How weak I was,
And you so strong to see,
Deep within my soul
And in your wisdom,
Set me free.

Of this our day,
We pause our climb,
And look around;
So high,
Yet still your feet
Stand anchored
There upon the ground.

I think my thoughts,
And go my way,
And dream of what might be.

You smile and soothe
My worried brow.

I look around, and see you,
Everywhere
In flowers that bloom,
And birds that sing,
In air I breathe,
In everything.

When I look back,
I see you there;
When I look forward,
You're also there.

My pal,
My friend,
My love,

My wife.

-- Gordon William Bain