Saturday, June 4, 2011

Have You Talked to God Lately?

I drove past a church sign the other day that asked:

Have you talked to God lately?

Well, now that it asked....

Yes, I have....

In fact, I have a whole skyful of Gods -- Greek Gods mainly -- that I talk to on a fairly regular basis...

Which is not to say that they answer me...

Unless I answer for them...

I talk to Zeus...the alpa-God of power and lust...asking how I can be more like him....

I talk to Apollo...the righteous God of 'being right', and 'being fair', and 'being democratically equal'...

I talk to Narcissus...every time I look in the mirror...and say...God, Narcissus...you are getting old...what happened to that 'pretty boy' I remember who looked much better 20 or 30 years ago...

I talk to Dionysus and ask him how I can still have some fun and pleasure...and be seductive...at my advancing age....and without getting into trouble with Apollo....

I talk to Hermes quite regularly who I use to both send and receive messages from my 'psychic underworld' -- mainly to receive them. He is my 'Psychopomp'. (Look it up on the internet, I just did under Wikipedia.). Sometimes his messages are scary, other times reinforcing, other times entertaining, still other times insightful. Hermes 'keeps me on my toes' every time he comes to visit me.

I talk to Gaia every time I want to get back more in touch with 'Mother Earth'.

I talk to Hera every time I need a 'reinforcing speech' about the critical importance of home and hearth, marriage and family. Usually, this happens whenever I am tempted by 'The Snake in The Garden of Eden'...and/or Eve herself... My relationship with Hera goes back further than my relationship with Eve...Or does it? Have to think about that one...Hera and Eve are at odds with each other. For every Hera who I am involved with and 'in relationship with', there is always another 'Garden of Eden' with both a beautiful woman (Eve) and a snake in it....And Dionysis lurking around to tell me to 'go ahead'...while Apollo tells me, 'No, that is wrong!....and sometimes I go running out of the Garden of Eden...and sometimes I don't...

There are a few more that I talk to...or block out...Aphrodite/Venus, Cupid...I block him out a lot...I try not to let the 'Romantic Gods' get too close to my heart....because then I start to lose power...They won too many victories over me in my earlier years...and only left me with a broken heart...

But sometimes I venture back...into their neighbourhood...or they venture back into my neighbourhood....I am much more more protected now than I used to be...wiser about love and its inherent dangers.....and ready to flee at a moment's notice...or stay out of the most dangerous zones...

My Gods change me...and how I interact with them...and the different 'world zones' that they control...

It is a constantly evolving process...

A 'psychic soap opera' inside me....

A soap opera inside my psychic world, underworld, and sky...'

-- dgb, June 4th, 2011,

-- David Gordon Bain