Friday, April 9, 2010

Precious Memories...

Listening to an old Dylan album today brought me back in touch with this song...seemed to fit my mood today...dgb

Precious Memories (arr. by Bob Dylan)

As I travel down life's pathway,
Know not what the years may hold.
As I ponder, hopes grow fonder,
Precious memories flood my soul
Precious father, loving mother,
Glide across the lonely years.
And old homes scenes of my childhood
In fond memory appears.
Precious memories, how they linger
How they ever flood my soul.
In the stillness of the midnight,
Precious sacred scenes unfold.
Copyright © 1986 Special Rider Music
http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/precious-memories-arr-bob-dylan

...................................................................................................................................................


And this one...of which I cut out two pieces from the song...

Excerpts from Brownsville Girl by Bob Dylan...

Now I’ve always been the kind of person that doesn’t like to trespass
but sometimes you just find yourself over the line.
Oh if there’s an original thought out there, I could use it right now.
You know, I feel pretty good, but that ain’t sayin’ much.
I could feel a whole lot better,
If you were just here by my side to show me how.



Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections
than people who are most content.
I don’t have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I’m gone.
You always said people don’t do what they believe in,
they just do what’s most convenient, then they repent.
And I always said, “Hang on to me, baby, and let’s hope that the roof stays on.”



Bob Dylan (Brownsville Girl)


http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/brownsville-girl