Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Waterfall


My mind throws away both the cold and the snow,
I walk through the alpines that have started to grow,
And, as I walk, the birds gather and sing,
My nose finds the smells aroused by the Spring.

All of a sudden, in the distance, a new sound.
The river runs faster, what is it I've found?
At the edge of a clearing, with trees standing tall,
I look down plunging waters of a high waterfall.

Slowly I climb down and remove all my clothes,
I enter the pool to which water flows,
There at the edge of the water's wild roar,
I lean back into thunder until I hear it no more.

With face tilted skyward, in the warmth of the sun,
I dream of the Springtime and what nature's begun
Around me the mountains, above me they tower,
I turn off the water, and step out of the shower.

--  GWB, Jan. 6th, 2010

-- Gordon William Bain